- On 1 May, 2017, Vice Admiral Terry Benedict (and…) conducted a ceremony at the Naval Ordnance Test Unit (NOTU) recognizing the contributions made by the late Carlo Ferrari. Carlo played a key role in the design and development of SWS Ashore and bringing it to realization. The plaque shown in the above slide presentation was donated by HERO and will be placed in the SWS Ashore Engineering Building.
- Trident II D5 Test Flight streaks across the sky in February 2017. A unique combination of the time of day and atmospheric conditions resulted in this bright light streaking across the California sky. SSP HERO donated large prints of this interesting photo to each of the Strategic Weapons Facilities, the Naval Ordnance Test Unit (NOTU) and SSP Headquarters.
- Sponsorship of the SSP HERO Distinguished Speaker Program that brings nationally recognized experts in strategic deterrence to speak to SSP staff.
Col Paul “Ric” D. Schumacher – Deputy Director, Nuclear Deterrence Policy (OUSDP) (22 May 2018)
Dr. Ralph Semmel – Director, The John Hopkins Univ. Applied Physics Laboratory (24 October 2017)
Dr. Charlie Precourt – Vice President and General Manager, Orbital ATK (2 May 2017)
Dr. Ken Gabriel – President and CEO, The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Inc. (31 May 2016)
Marillyn Hewson – President and CEO, Lockheed Martin (29 September 2015)
Dr. Bill LaPlante – Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Acquisition (6 October 2014)
George Perkovich – VP, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (6 May 2014)
Frank Miller – Center for Strategic & International Studies (7 May 2013)
Dr. Keith Payne – President, National Institute for Public Policy (11 October 2012)
- Donation of a display now hanging in SSP that recognizes individuals that have dedicated more than 50 years of service to the FBM Program.
- Donation of models of US and Russian submarines that played critical roles in strategic deterrence to the Navy Cold War Museum located at the Washington Navy Yard.
- Contributed to the Smithsonian Cold War Submarine Exhibit Fast Attacks and Boomers and transfer of the display from the Smithsonian to the Navy Cold War Museum.
- Hosting of FBM Program 45th, 50th, 55th, and 60th Anniversary celebrations.
- Hosting of the celebration of the 1000th OHIO Class submarine patrol.